When I Become a Millionaire

Thursday, June 28, 2012

New Food Processor and a New Rabbit

We finally did it! Frank and I agreed on a food processor. It's a 10 cup, which sure beats my 12 year old, leaky 1 cup that doesn't really chop anymore. It's even red! And the best thing of all was the cost. The price tag at Walmart said it was clearanced from $80 to $50 but it rang up $30. That's almost 75% off the original price - well something like that...maybe more like 60 %. I'm not math whiz ok? Regardless, what a steal!


Isn't she a beauty?? I feel like a little kid when I play with this thing. It's SO COOL! It even has a slicing disc. I've been wandering around trying to find things to slice. Maybe I need to post a photo of the old one so you can have a better understanding of my excitement.


I couldn't wait to play with it but didn't have anything that needed chopping. I grabbed the first thing I saw, which just happened to be the garden salsa peppers that Frank recently dehydrated. So far, this thing works beautifully and is way quieter than my 1990 something model. I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy. Now I'm just looking around for random things to chop.

A trip to Walmart for a food processor ended with another rabbit from Rural King. We gotta stop going there! I call it our Beagle Rabbit. It's not the most photogenic rabbit bust look at its floppy ears! We sneaked it into the hutch when the kids weren't looking so we can see how long it takes someone to notice. I'm not even sure if Ethan realizes we have rabbits. Frank thinks we should litter box train it and keep it inside, as if it's not already chaotic enough in our house! My morning trip to Rural King landed me with a unique experience. I picked up the 50 lb. bag of chicken feed from the backseat. As I carried it to the deck I felt a strange sensation on my arms, almost like when static electricity makes your arm hairs crawl? Yeah, that feeling. It got worse and worse so I put the bag down (well, more like dropped it. It weighs 50 lbs and I'm a vertically challenged woman with a bad back) and that's when I saw them. Billions of tiny little ants crawling everywhere - up my arms and shirt, on the feed bag, in the truck. It was like a scene from a gory horror movie, only ants instead of something gross like worms or maggots. I sort of had a sissy girl reaction and screamed - or, more accurately, squealed - an obscenity or two. I still don't know where they came from.


These poor lil fellers don't do so well in the heat. This little guy looks like he had a wild night of partying.


Apparently Jessica left the hutch door open last night. Frank came home from work at 4:30 a.m. to an empty rabbit hutch. He spent 1 1/2 hours hunting for them. Luckily they were still nearby.

Things I learned today:

1. Never pick up a food processor slicing disc haphazardly. You just might cut your finger.

2. Jalapeno juices will burn the cut you got from the slicing disc.

3. Any temperature under 130 degrees isn't considered to be hot in Frank's eyes. His army tank was 130 degrees so anything less than that is just sissy. He stepped outside today, took a deep breath of 104 degree air and said, "WOW, the heat is...invigorating!"

4. Never breathe in as you're sticking your face above the food processor to peek inside to see the spicy peppers you just chopped.

5. Chopping peppers in a food processor emits teeny tiny particles into the air that climb up into your nose and burn. Don't ask me the scientific details because I don't even know. All I know is I think I almost asphyxiated from the fumes. Death by food processor - not a glamorous way to go. We moved the party out to the 104 degree weather on the deck after that.






No comments:

Post a Comment