When I Become a Millionaire

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Saying Goodbye.....

Not to you, but to my youngest child. I reluctantly left her with random strangers today. She'll be at church camp for 5 days and they don't allow cell phones. I can't even contact her in case I get homesick. Wait, I'm not the one who is supposed to suffer from that.

 How will I know if everything is ok? I mean, what if she falls off the top bunk and breaks her arm on the concrete floor? Or even worse, her neck??
What if she drowns in the pond? Or the zipline breaks and she plummets to her death?
What if the zombie apocalypse starts right there at camp? 
I heard about this kid who jumped up and down on the bed at camp, hit his head on the ceiling, broke his neck and is now paralyzed. What if she does that?
Or what if her camp counselor loses her? She's only 11 for crying out loud!
Ok, ok. I know, I'm not right in the head. I have issues. She'll have a blast and won't miss me a bit. She never does. When I voiced my very valid concerns to her she sighed, shook her head and said, "Oh, mom."


This is her, all packed up for camp. It would appear she'll be gone for a month. Nope, just 5 days.

Today was pretty uneventful, other than temporarily giving my baby to strangers who could turn out to be serial killers.
The ducks finally figured out the pond. This one seems to be saying, "Who knew it was this easy? Hey lady, why didn't you tell us this sooner?" I replied, "I DID tell you. No one ever listens to me." Conversing with ducks? That's not a good sign.




 The chickens were puzzled. They seemed to be saying to the ducks, "Excuse me, what the cluck do you think you're doing? You left the flock to play in water when there are bugs to catch?"




Guess what...I didn't even cook today. Well, unless you count nuking a hot dog. I know, right? Craziness. Instead I've spent the evening reading a zombie book called Rot and Ruin.

                                                             

I'm the type of person who has to READ the book...the WHOLE book, from start to finish. In one sitting. It's sick. Once I start a book my family knows that's it - they're on their own until I'm done. Told you I have issues. You should feel special that I took a break to update you on my exciting life. HA.

On a side note, if you are a member of my family and you are reading this would you please comment? That way I know not to say bad things about you in the future. Just kidding, I wouldn't do that. Well not unless you screw with my spaghetti sauce. (My family doesn't read this thing. They think I'm a weirdo for doing it.) And if you are someone whom my mother sent here, I apologize. Please don't feel obligated to read this stuff. She's a complete weirdo.

One last thing. I need feedback from my readers - all two of you. I'm kidding, I don't even know how many people read this thing. Maybe it's just one. Anyway, which looks better, the posts with smaller photos or the posts with the larger photos? And I take constructive criticism so if there is anything that needs improvement please let me know. Well, other than my writing. I'm no english major, nor am I creative, and I'm too old to learn. I'm just a lady with a totally lame story to tell. The bad grammar and choppy sentences are just added bonuses.

Things I learned today:

1. I take entirely too many photos...anywhere from 20 to 100 a day.

2. I accidentally looked at a calendar, and before I could turn off my brain I had calculated my remaining days of summer vacation. I learned I have to go back to work in THREE WEEKS. I felt like vomiting. Thank goodness I hadn't been eating popcorn.
I just want someone to give me a ton of money so I can stay home and take care of everything here forever and never have to go back.

3. My ducks constantly have feathers stuck in their...nostrils? I dunno what they're called. Ducks don't like having their nostrils picked.

4. Sometimes it's nice to just take a break from life and do nothing except read a zombie book.

5. OH MY GOSH, I almost forgot to add this. I completely screwed up my pizza sauce. I filled the jars too full and didn't leave 1/2 inch headspace. The jars leaked and didn't seal so I had to freeze it. So I learned they aren't kidding around when they say leave an exact amount of headspace!


4 comments:

  1. I'm in ur mom's mtc group. ur sense of humor is refreshing. look forward to ur blog entries. don't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a card group with your mom too. She IS crazy. Lol! I love your blog. I too have an 11 year old and would feel the same way about sending him to camp with no communication. I usually post large pictures on my blog but I also don't do a lot of writing on my blog. You can check it out at http://www.pixeltrashamania.blog spot.com. if you want to see how larger photos look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to view your blog. It gave me a malware warning. It said your site contains content from pinkdaisysblogspot.blogspot.com, which has been found to contain malware. So I didn't proceed. Let me know when you get it fixed and I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from Australia, I am a member of your mum's ( sorry Mom's) MTC group and I went there looking for some help using my new cutter, I have just spent the last hour reading your blog and laughing out loud, thanks heaps, you have brightened my day considerably.. I just love your 'Things I have learnt today' and think maybe just maybe, one day I will be able to add using my cutter and not procrastinating should I ever get around to actually making a list!!!

    ReplyDelete